Tuesday 19 March 2013

A wonderful thing just happened

There is much about my past that I haven't bothered sharing, this blog mostly serves a purpose to process my experience of living with and loving two addicted men. However...something really small and wonderful just happened in my life and I have nobody to share it with. My addicts are nowhere to be found, so I choose you to tell.

I never knew my biological father, I found him once nearly 30 years ago, just to see what he looked like. He never bothered to stay in touch with me, so I never looked again. My father had another child though, I found that out many  years later. He is six years younger than me and I have never met him. I looked and looked and looked for him, and then I found him on Facebook. That was 2 years ago. I wrote him immediately and tried not to freak him out. He responded to my email and then I never heard from him again. I think he just had no sense of attachment or even how to respond to having a sibling he never knew. I kept up writing one way emails to him every 3-6 months, I've probably sent 6 or 7 of them over the past two years, just saying hi, letting him know about my life. Nothing probing, nothing too personal, just letting him know I think of him. With no response in over 2 years, I've often thought of giving up but I just didn't want to.

Today my brother finally wrote me back and thanked me for my persistence. It felt a bit like Christmas, what a gift. I'm trying to contain my joy, I don't want to freak him out by jumping all over the little message so I'm restraining myself. I will write him back tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment